REVEREND JENNY TERRERO RIVERA
I am the author of two books -"The Big Apple Turns Brown When You Slice It - Selected poems and Essays of My Nuyorican Culture" and "Brain Matter on-5 West - Overcoming Mental Illness with Humor and Faith." I also have a spoken word version of 'The Big Apple Turns Brown When You Slice It' available on CD. (www.authorhouse.com, www.publishamerica.com.)
I have also written and published 11 spiritually based Self-Help Booklets, which are modelled after the healing workshops I have conducted for churches. These Booklets are designed to help people who are struggling to overcome life controlling issues.
Titles include -
1) Pages To Freedom - Understanding and Overcoming Addictions - (Self-Help Workbook).
2) Face Your Truth and be Healed - (Self-Help Booklet)
3) Gambling at The Feet of Jesus: Overcoming Gambling Addiction- (Self-Help Booklet)
4) Restored: Overcoming Sexual Abuse (Self-Help Booklet)
5) Tainted Soul Blessed Eternity - (Essays and Poems on my own life and recovery, Book)
6) The Walk This Way Series: How The Bible Relates to the 12 Step Program- STEP 1
7) The Walk This Way Series: How The Bible Relates to the 12 Step Program- STEP 2
8) The Walk This Way Series: How The Bible Relates to the 12 Step Program- STEP 3
9) The Other Sheep Under God's Rainbow: Chosen and Gay (Support Booklet)
I am also a visual Artist and a Singer. All of my books touch on some part of my life as a survivor of sexual abuse, addictions and mental Illness. They also touch on experiences with in-patient treatment, overcoming a dysfucntional family history, adopting healthy behaviors and my life today as an ordained Minister and mother of four healthy, God loving adult children who have battled eating disorders, addiction, trauma and overcoming mental illness. One of my books entitled "The Other Sheep Under God's Rainbow - Chosen and Gay" was inspired by one of my children's struggle as someone who is Christian and Gay.
The goal of my writing is to help individuals or groups with the healing and recovery process. The literature is Bibically based, but reaches out to all to show how God and ones personal desire to achieve recovery can help us to heal, or to better understand various issues that face many of us and challenge us through the course of our Lives. The Goal of this page is to share support and encouragemant to those that need it because from time to time, we all need ancouragement and to let those facing difficulties know that they are not alone; To say that we all face struggles, that it is alright not to be perfect, that it is okay to need help and that it is a bold thing to decide that you want to face your issues or the things that cause you pain, to understand them and to begin to heal. Perhaps, someday the struggles we face today will help us to help our fellow man in the future and this page and this Group is one example of that. You can be an example of that, too.